Saturday, January 26, 2008

No Breakfast For YOU! .... Lunch, you'll have to wait ...

I'm reminded of this episode of Sienfeld ...


Today, at about 10:35, I went to an establishment that has the word "Cafe" in their name. I waited in line looking over the menu, noticing that the "lunch menu" is served after 11 am. So I place my order for a "breakfast panini" and was promptly told they are no longer serving breakfast after 10:30, so I thought ok I'll do lunch. Then it was explained to me that in order for them to switch over from scrambling eggs to heating sandwich cold cuts in a microwave they have to close the kitchen for 45 mins and then I could have my "lunch order". I promptly turned around and walked out, obviously they aren't really in the cafe business. Also don't bother going after 6 on a friday night to eat at the "cafe" the kitchen is closed. I've been to this place 3 times and 2 times I could not get something to eat, I doubt I'll give them another chance since there are other REAL Cafes that serve food anytime they are open.

No comments: