Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's been way to long and the Year of Apple

Sorry I haven't posted in a while seems life, home renovations and the holidays have kept me busy.

The Year of Apple
After living in the G4 generation of Macs for a few years I finally upgraded to the new Intel based macs and all I can say is WOW, Apple did the right thing. Cross-platform runs seamless, you can run winders if ya hafta, much brighter screens etc. So here's very brief reviews of Apple products I've picked up this year:
iMac 24" - Bought 1 month and 3 days before the new "metal" ones came out. Performance has been flawless, the big screen with support for a second makes photo editing a pleasure. It's fast and quiet, great for recording audio.
MacBook Pro 15" - I downsized from a 17" PowerBook but I like the more portability of this model. Basically a portable version to the T of the iMac with no compromises.
AppleTV - HUGE hit for family gatherings, I scanned and collected photos and present them on the screen with background music during family events. With AppleTV you can share content off your computer to the living room tv very easily. You get Music, Video, Photos, Movies and YouTube all in one little wireless box with component and HDMI connections
Airport Extreme - Like all Apple products its a stylish white box with no antenna or unnecessary blinking lights, it just works and works perfectly.
And finally the iPhone - I waited (for the tmobile contract to end), watched (the hysteria and lines) and waited some more. I've used it for 2 months now and dont know how I ever lived without it. The internet is everywhere now, my email is with me always, music, weather, maps that find places and oh yeah, a phone that works and is easy to use.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Welcome back, Bleu!