Tuesday, July 24, 2007

iRock and Townfoolery!


iRock
I got a rock for my front yard and a tree or two. The dirt area will be filled with some fancy grass that they charge to much for, but looks good.


Townfoolery
Ok let me get this straight, The city council said YES to a settlement package for the City Manager to the tune of 481K, quite a bit more than his contract for getting fired. Last week after hearing from the citizens I'm sure they decided to not accept the offer, then today they voted YES AGAIN? I'm sure this will have the citizens of my fair city scratching their heads. The truth of it is, the cost of a lawsuit. The city doesn't want the expense of fighting it in the gray area of employment contracts. I think the city mgr. in question should do the right thing and accept what he signed the contract for and move on. At present, it looks like he is extorting the money out of the city which is not good for anybody concerned.
On a lighter note, the city council approved a Jack in the Box which I'm more thrilled with getting than the Cracker Barrel. I wonder if Jimmy will do building updates on Jack's as he does on the Barrel.

No comments: