Thursday, July 19, 2007

A busy week it has been!


So last week I decided it was finally time to upgrade the ole' PowerBook and get something bigger and faster.
I went with a 24" iMac and bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse. Talk about fast compared to the ole G4, I love it. One thing I did discover, the iMac in the box wouldn't fit into the trunk of a Crossfire Roadster.
I also picked up Aperture, Apple's kinda sorta answer to Photoshop. It's iPhoto on steroids, RAW image processing, design your own photo books and the ultimate photo organizer. I can't wait to dig into its possibilities for the photoblog. 
My next big project is something very important to me, making a "documentary" of my Father-in-law's WWII stories. He was part of the 44th Infantry that pushed the Germans out of France, lots of interesting stories of found art, champaign and no showers for MONTHS. When its done maybe I can put it up on YouTube for all to see. 

If you are interested in documenting your family's vets the Library of Congress has a living history project, all the details and forms can be found here - History

3 comments:

Eric Siegmund said...

I'm jealous of the iMac, but also surprised that you're going with a Mity Mouse. I've got a new Microsoft wireless mouse and I have to say that it's the best mouse I've ever used. (And I'm speaking as a hardcore Mac fan, you know.)

It's a minor quibble, I know, but I look at Aperture as being a competitor to Adobe's Lightroom, not Photoshop. Neither Aperture or Lightroom will come close to taking the place of Photoshop in terms of image processing.

Bleu said...

I mention Photoshop cause thats what everybody knows, but you are right, Lightroom is Aperture's comp.
I have a super duper Logitech Laser that I've been using for awhile and didn't think I would like the Mighty Mouse but I do. The little trackball is handy with such a large screen and it's easy to click when you have big fingers, unlike all the little buttons for this and that on the Logitech. I guess it's Apple's simple premise that it "just works" simply and beautifully.

Eric Siegmund said...

Interesting. I've heard just the opposite comments about the Mouse's trackball. I guess it's really subjective. Anyway, I switched from a Logitech wireless mouse myself; it just didn't seem to work as well with the Mac OS as does the Microsoft version. Go figure.